Friday 24 August 2018

BEAUTY SAVIOUR: CLARINS LIQUID BRONZE SELF TANNING





































When one of my friends hits me up with a, "Wow, Amy. Your skin is looking good today" or a "Erm, since when did you go on holiday?", I can guarantee that, nine times of ten, I will have applied my trusty Clarins Liquid Bronze the night before.

This stuff is honestly just glow-y, gorgeous goodness in a bottle. Now, we know by now that I am a certified makeup addict. For the most part, I am not one to wake up and opt for the minimal look - I enjoy my process of contouring, highlighting, baking and just generally snatching the face. I can't lie, though. Recently I have been going completely foundation free because the results of this bad boy are just too good to not show off.

The Liquid Bronze Self Tanning lotion works like any other gradual tan product. You apply it, preferably at night, to your face, neck and décolleté, and by the morning it has stained your skin and turned you into the bronzed goddess that you always aspired to be.

However, this product is much classier than your average £3 bottle of St. Moriz tan. And that's no shade on St. Moriz...I love St. Moriz. But where a more affordable tanning product might work for general body application, it might not work so well for the face. The times I have attempted to smother a bog standard tanning mousse on to my face, I have ended up resembling something of a spotty Oompa Loompa. Not a strong look. Yet, an application of Clarins' lotion does not break me out and leaves me with a naturally bronzed and glowing face. At £20 a bottle, I'd say you get what you pay for. It never looks patchy or fake, but rather delivers a healthy, sun-kissed result that could genuinely pass as a natural tan.

If I had to nit-pick one teeny, tiny issue with this product, it would be that it does leave a bit of a lingering scent on your skin, which could give the game away if you are wanting to give the 'I woke up like this' impression. My own boyfriend has been known to pull away suspiciously after a kiss and exclaim, "you're wearing fake tan aren't you!" Damn, cover blown. But to be honest, this really doesn't bother me. I would expect most fake tan products to have that distinctive, biscuit-y fragrance (anyone else think fake tan always smells like biscuits?) and in comparison to other brands, this scent is very subtle. I wouldn't let this put you off; I really am nit-picking here and the slight smell is well-worth the results.

So there is my biggest beauty secret for you all to go take advantage of! You're welcome guys. If, like me, you want to look like you've just come back from a week holiday in Spain (when in reality you've been lounging around in your pants, watching Netflix), then definitely make sure to go pick up a bottle for yourself. You won't be disappointed.


1 comment: