Monday 18 June 2018

SOMETHING A BIT DIFFERENT: NYX VIVID BRIGHTS





































Do any of my fellow noughties kids remember the days of electric blue mascara and eyeliner? Not exactly a look I thought I'd be revisiting in my twenties, but after seeing a series of Instagram beauty Queens rocking a dramatic, blue, winged liner, I decided to jump straight on the bandwagon and take it back to secondary school.

...And I hate to admit it, but I bloody loved the result!

I think the trick is to keep the rest of the makeup really simple. My 12-year-old self was just really doing the most when it came to makeup. I'm talking glittery pink eye shadow, blue mascara and - Lord, forgive me - foundation lips. However, paired with a neutral eye shadow and nude-brown lip, a thinly-drawn, blue wing makes a real statement whilst still managing to look sophisticated and elegant.







































As someone who doesn't often stray from the neutral tones, it was so much fun to experiment with such a colourful, statement product. In fact, it's even inspired me to try out a few other colours. Having spotted a few yellow winged liner looks floating around Instagram, I reckon this will be my next makeup mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment