Sunday 8 May 2016

REVIEW: URBAN DECAY NAKED SMOKY PALETTE





How beautiful is this palette? It's pretty much been my go-to eye shadow palette since I bought it. I've even temporarily side-lined my beloved Naked 3!

It just has everything you could possibly need all in one palette, with a mixture of mattes, shimmers and glitters, and a range of lighter and darker shades, making the makeup look combinations endless and allowing it to be perfectly transferable from day to night.

The Urban Decay palettes always deliver on quality as well; the shadows are buttery and smooth to apply, easily blended, and the colour pay-off is fantastic. The only thing I will say is that I do often experience a fair bit of fall-out with the Naked palettes, especially with the glitter and shimmer shades. To be honest, this isn't something that bothers me too much as good-quality shimmer shadows do tend to be looser powders, and it isn't anything that can't be fixed with a damp brush or holding a bit of tissue under the eye during application. Perhaps just be careful to do your foundation after if you are using the much darker shades for a smoky eye to avoid looking like a panda!

On the topic of smoky eyes, if you are someone who struggles with achieving a smoky look, I would definitely try experimenting with a palette like this. I have made some seriously bad attempts at a dramatic, dark eye in the past by plunging straight in there with the black and grey shadow shades, but I have found that building up and blending these tones of purple, blue and brown achieve a much more effective and seamless look. I'm also someone who usually gravitates towards the warmer tones when it comes to eye shadow, so being able to mix up my makeup looks with this cool tone palette has been a lot of fun!

Not to mention, the packaging is gorgeous! I adore the smoke-effect print and large mirror. And the palette even comes with a double-ended brush, which is always a bonus.

Do any of you own the Naked Smoky? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment